Job status: In-progress
Job category: Consultancy
Duty station: Various locations
The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) and World Agroforestry (ICRAF) envision a more equitable world where trees in all landscapes, from drylands to the humid tropics, enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR and ICRAF are non-profit science institutions that build and apply evidence to today’s most pressing challenges, including energy insecurity and the climate and biodiversity crises. Over a combined total of 65 years, we have built vast knowledge on forests and trees outside of forests in agricultural landscapes (agroforestry). Using a multidisciplinary approach, we seek to improve lives and to protect and restore ecosystems. Our work focuses on innovative research, partnering for impact, and engaging with stakeholders on policies and practices to benefit people and the planet. Founded in 1993 and 1978, CIFOR and ICRAF are members of CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food secure future dedicated to reducing poverty, enhancing food and nutrition security, and improving natural resources.
General Call for Applications - Consultant Roster
The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) advances human wellbeing, environmental conservation and equity by conducting research to inform policies and practices that affect forests in developing countries. We are one of 15 CGIAR Consortium research centers. Our headquarters are in Bogor, Indonesia, and we have offices in Asia, Africa and South America.
Duties and responsibilities
Education, knowledge and experience
• Holds degree(s) in relevant background as required.
• Fluent spoken and written English. Ability in one or more international language(s) is an advantage.
• Demonstrated experience working in multicultural and multidisciplinary teams, in a non-profit organization will be an advantage.
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
• Values the sharing of information and continuous improvement in a cooperative atmosphere of constructive evaluation and learning.
Terms and conditions
Competitive remuneration commensurate with skills and experience.
The application deadline is 01 Jan 2025
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.