Reference number: 2365
Job status: In-progress
Job category: Local Position
Duty station: Bogor, Indonesia
The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) and World Agroforestry (ICRAF) envision a more equitable world where trees in all landscapes, from drylands to the humid tropics, enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR and ICRAF are non-profit science institutions that build and apply evidence to today’s most pressing challenges, including energy insecurity and the climate and biodiversity crises. Over a combined total of 65 years, we have built vast knowledge on forests and trees outside of forests in agricultural landscapes (agroforestry). Using a multidisciplinary approach, we seek to improve lives and to protect and restore ecosystems. Our work focuses on innovative research, partnering for impact, and engaging with stakeholders on policies and practices to benefit people and the planet. Founded in 1993 and 1978, CIFOR and ICRAF are members of CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food secure future dedicated to reducing poverty, enhancing food and nutrition security, and improving natural resources.
Asia Communication Coordinator
This leadership position is an exciting opportunity to join one of the leading science communications programmes in the world. The Asia Communications Coordinator will oversee regional communications initiatives from across the continent, linking them to global communications outreach for CIFOR-ICRAF. The successful applicant will work with a high-performing, dynamic and creative team and contribute to CIFOR-ICRAF’s global efforts to stabilize the climate, reverse biodiversity loss and improve food security.
We’re looking for someone with creative vision and drive, who is a communications all-rounder and experienced manager with a keen eye for detail and quality. The Coordinator will oversee communications products from planning, implementing and reporting on project and country-related communications activities. They will also oversee communications for the CIFOR Headquarters office in Bogor, Indonesia.
Duties and responsibilities
responsible management of Bogor Office and all Asia geographic communications.
communications staff and consultants in the region with dual reporting lines to
their head of Duty Station.
regional communication channels including the website (regional, national and
projects), social media and language blogs, news.
and manage a roster of communications consultants in the region.
and implement communication strategies and tactical plans including messaging,
budgets, action plans and performance metrics for country offices, projects,
and produce content such as publications, articles, web content, social media
content, media releases, infographics, videos, photography, newsletters,
presentations, and event-related content.
events including planning, marketing, implementation, and reporting on results.
Including regional participation in global events.
media interactions in the region.
production be undertaken in coordination with and using the resources of the
COE communications team and consultants.
analytical reports on the performance of all communications activities.
other communication activities as agreed upon. All activities are undertaken in
coordination with and using the resources of the COE team and consultants.
and mitigate potential risks within your work area.
reasonable care of own occupational health and safety and that of others as
obliged by CIFOR-ICRAF’s Occupational Health and Safety Policy and cooperate
with CIFOR-ICRAF in complying with requirements under any statutory health and
safety provisions of relevant Country laws.
- Participation in projects as may be required.
Education, knowledge and experience
• Master’s degree in communications, journalism or a related field, or equivalent working experience.
• A minimum of 6 years of progressive experience in strategic communications planning, messaging, and monitoring.
• 4 years of full-time experience in journalism, writing, editing, digital and print media, video production or broadcasting.
• Excellent understanding of different communication formats and channels and strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital media/social media.
• Background and understanding of environment, climate, forestry or related subject areas and science communications.
• Excellent English language skills (both verbal and written).
Terms and conditions
• This is a local position. CIFOR-ICRAF offers competitive remuneration in local currency commensurate with skills and experience.
• The initial appointment will be for 1 (one) year, inclusive of a three-month probationary period, with the possibility of extension contingent upon performance, continued relevance of the position and available resources.
• The duty station will be in Bogor, Indonesia.
To apply, please visit our career site at: https://www.cifor.org/careers and https://www.worldagroforestry.org/working-for-icraf
To learn more about CIFOR-ICRAF, please visit our websites at: https://www.cifor-icraf.org/
CIFOR-ICRAF promotes Gender Diversity – Applications from women professionals are encouraged.
CIFOR-ICRAF is an equal-opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity.
The application deadline is 19 Dec 2023
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.