Reference number: 2367
Job status: In-progress
Job category: Local Position
Duty station: New Delhi, India
The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) and World Agroforestry (ICRAF) envision a more equitable world where trees in all landscapes, from drylands to the humid tropics, enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR and ICRAF are non-profit science institutions that build and apply evidence to today’s most pressing challenges, including energy insecurity and the climate and biodiversity crises. Over a combined total of 65 years, we have built vast knowledge on forests and trees outside of forests in agricultural landscapes (agroforestry). Using a multidisciplinary approach, we seek to improve lives and to protect and restore ecosystems. Our work focuses on innovative research, partnering for impact, and engaging with stakeholders on policies and practices to benefit people and the planet. Founded in 1993 and 1978, CIFOR and ICRAF are members of CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food secure future dedicated to reducing poverty, enhancing food and nutrition security, and improving natural resources.
The branch office of CIFOR-ICRAF Asia Continental Program (ACP) of ICRAF in New Delhi is looking forward Administrative Assistant. The successful candidate will report to the Finance and Admin Manager, India. S/he will work in close collaboration with a team of corporate services.
Duties and responsibilities
- Scrutiny of invoices/bills
and preparation vouchers for payment to vendors
- Entry in the CIFOR-ICRAF
accounting system and tally software
- Assist Finance & Admin
Manager for keeping proper accounting of advances to staff vendors as per
- Maintain Petty cash book
and disbursement of the same.
- Prepare bank and petty cash
- Assist in preparation of
schedules for internal and external audits.
- Withholding tax calculations
Preparation and filing of correspondence and other documentation; maintaining
filing systems; acquiring office supplies and arranging office equipment
maintenance; monitoring budgets.
- Manage and provide support on
staff travel, following CIFOR-ICRAF regulations and assuring that staff has the
most convenient arrangements (including itineraries, accommodation, visas,
travel advances, and expense report).
- Arrange transportation for
the staff/visitors as requested.
- Manage and support in
organizing regional and in country program related events and responsible for
- Maintain communication
systems of CIFOR-ICRAF India Office (telephone, data cards, Internet
connectivity) in running conditions.
- Maintain the administrative
records and Admin files of CIFOR-ICRAF India Office.
- Ensuring operations of
office equipment by preventive maintenance requirement, calling for repairs,
marking equipment inventories, evaluating new equipment.
- Maintaining office supplies
inventory by checking stock, anticipating needed supplies placing requisition
etc. and verifying receipt of supplies.
- Responsible for maintenance
of the office.
- Maintaining fixed assets
- Assist in procurement of
office supplies/equipment when needed.
- Any other
duty/responsibility assigned by the supervisor.
Education, knowledge and experience
• Bachelor’s degree preferably in Commerce/ business management with minimum 3 years relevant experience in admin and accounting.
• Excellent knowledge of MS office and relevant internet applications and Tally accounting software
• Sound knowledge of internal control and risk management frameworks and concepts.
• Sound knowledge of statistical tools.
• Experience of working with CGIAR, UN organizations, INGOs
• Working experience in the field of agriculture/forestry
Terms and conditions
• This is a Locally Recruited Staff (LRS) position. CIFOR-ICRAF offers competitive remuneration in local currency, commensurate with skills and experience.
• The appointment will be for 1 (one) year, inclusive of a three-month probationary period, with the possibility of extension contingent upon performance, continued relevance of the position and available resources.
• The duty station will be in New Delhi.
To apply, please visit our career site at: https://www.cifor-icraf.org/career/
To learn more about CIFOR-ICRAF, please visit our websites at: https://www.cifor-icraf.org
CIFOR-ICRAF reserves the right to modify the number of positions, and locations, or cancel the hiring as necessary.
CIFOR-ICRAF promotes Gender Diversity – Applications from women professionals are encouraged.
CIFOR-ICRAF is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity.
The application deadline is 07 Dec 2023
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.