The specific objectives of the project are as follows:
- To pilot and establish community-based business models to improve community livelihoods and foster mangrove restoration in Banyuasin District;
- To establish appropriate policies and frameworks at all levels for stakeholders to implement and replicate business models and mangrove restoration in South Sumatra.
The project is expected to contribute to:
- Developing sustainable business models to support livelihood development and the government’s National Economic Recovery (PEN) programme in target areas of mangrove ecosystems in Banyuasin District, South Sumatra;
- Developing and mainstreaming new programmes, policies and targets on mangrove restoration to support village, district, provincial and central governments, including the Peatland and Mangrove Restoration Agency (BRGM);
- Removing carbon emissions through business model development.