This conference will bring together over 300 participants drawn from research, academia, the private sector and professionals in the forestry sector to share knowledge and experiences on technological innovations and to learn more about emerging trends in teak management and trade.
The conference will address the most crucial issues of the global teak sector including:
- Sustainable management of smallholder teak farming systems for quality supply of teak timber to market
- Review and improvement of existing silvicultural systems and practices for better stand management on teak wood quality
- Analysis of market structures and value chains of teakwood trading and their impact on the profitability of teak investments
- Evaluation of private and public investments in the teak sector and its impacts on socio-economic conditions and rural livelihoods
- Developing strategic, conceptual and operational recommendations in support of the sustainable development of the teak sector