Twenty-fifth meeting of the Subsidiary Body on Scientific, Technical and Technological Advice (SBSTTA 25) and the resumed second part of the fifteenth Meeting of the Conference of the Parties to the Convention on Biological Diversity (COP 15)
The Subsidiary Body on Scientific, Technical, and Technological Advice, or SBSTTA, is a consultative panel established in accordance with Article 25 of the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD). Its primary role is to provide expert advice to the Convention’s central governing body, known as the Conference of the Parties (COP), to help achieve its objectives. SBSTTA comprises experts from participating member countries who convene regularly. SBSTTA 25 will run from 17-19 October.
SBSTTA 25 will consider the following agenda items:
- Facilitating the implementation of the Kunming-Montreal Global Biodiversity Framework
- Findings from the assessments by the Intergovernmental Science-Policy Platform on Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services and the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change and their implications for the work undertaken under the Convention
- Invasive alien species
- Sustainable wildlife management
- Biodiversity and climate change
Resumed meetings include:
- The second part of the Fifteenth meeting of the Conference of the Parties to the Convention on Biological Diversity;
- The second part of the tenth meeting of the Conference of the Parties serving as the meeting of the Parties to the Cartagena Protocol on Biosafety; and
- The second part of the fourth meeting of the Conference of the Parties serving as the meeting of the Parties to the Nagoya Protocol on Access to Genetic Resources and the Fair and Equitable Sharing of Benefits Arising from their Utilization.
The resumed meetings will take place on 19-20 October 2023 in Nairobi, Kenya, immediately after SBSTTA 25.