CIFOR–ICRAF delivers actionable evidence and solutions to transform how land is used and how food is produced. This includes conserving and restoring ecosystems and responding to the global climate, malnutrition, biodiversity and desertification crises. Our 2020–30 strategy outlines our holistic approach to solving five global challenges:
- Deforestation and biodiversity loss
- A climate in crisis
- Transforming food systems
- Unsustainable supply and value chains
- Extreme inequality
Supported by our new institutional structure, our long-established partnerships and the diverse skills of our more than 700 staff, we address local challenges and opportunities while solving global problems through three innovations:
- Transformative partnership platforms are alliances focused on delivering transformational change on critically important issues.
- Engagement landscapes are geographic areas where we carry out concentrated, long-term transformative work with diverse partners.
Flagship products, such as the Global Landscapes Forum, aim to provide action-oriented insight into important global issues.