CIFOR-ICRAF has been working in Brazil since 2004, forging strategic partnerships aimed at building scientific knowledge about forests, sustainable land use, and agroforestry solutions tailored to different contexts.
Research has focused on forest landscape restoration, systems, and climate change mitigation and adaptation, mainly in the Amazon, Cerrado and Atlantic Rainforest biomes. Other research areas include: REDD+, gender, promotion of agroforestry systems, co-learning processes for the inclusion of agroforestry with key crops, co-design of agroforestry systems, trees on farms for biodiversity, and biodiverse and successional agroforestry systems.
COUNTRY FOCAL POINT
- Alpha Omega Environnement
- Ministère de l'Agriculture de l'Elevage et de la Pêche
- Ministère Des Affaires Etrangères et de la Coopération
- Ministère du Cadre de Vie et du Développement Durable
- Université d'Abomey Calavi
- World Vegetable Centre
Maya Terra Figueiredo – Project officer
SHIN CA 05 Conjunto B Sala 301
Lago Norte, Brasília-DF