Mountain Futures is a global initiative, which aims to promote the well-being of people in the mountains, enhance the diversity, stability and sustainability of ecosystems, and construct and share green mountain development solutions.
The United Nations declared 2022 the International Year of Sustainable Mountain Development to increase awareness of the importance of sustainable mountain development, and the conservation and sustainable use of mountain ecosystems. To that end, the third Mountain Futures Conference will revolve around the core values and concepts of the 15th Conference of the Parties to the Convention on Biological Diversity – Ecological Civilization: Building a Community of Life on Earth.
The conference will focus on four thematic areas of scientific exploration, ecological restoration, indigenous wisdom, and future living. The agenda will include a visit to an ecological site, art exhibition and poster exhibition.
Chinese and English simultaneous interpretation will be available for both onsite and online participants.
Mountain Futures is led by the Chinese Academy of Sciences and Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences and is jointly sponsored by the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP), the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) Mountain Partnership, the World Agroforestry (ICRAF) and the International Centre for Integrated Mountain Development (ICIMOD). The first and the second Mountain Futures Conferences were held in March 2016 and June 2018, respectively.
Kunming Institute of Botany, Chinese Academy of Sciences
- Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) -World Agroforestry (ICRAF)
- United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)
- Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nation Mountain Partnership ( FAO-Mountain Partnership)
- The International Centre for Integrated Mountain Development (ICIMOD)
- Balipara Foundation
- Institute of Animal Science, Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences
- Yunnan FROM OUR EYES Rural Documentary And Culture Research Centre
- Yunnan Natural and Cultural Heritage Protection Promotion Association
- Honghe Golden Kapok Textile Technology Co., Ltd.