Reference number: 2392
Job status: In-progress
Job category: Consultancy
Duty station: Remote
The Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR) and World Agroforestry (ICRAF) envision a more equitable world where trees in all landscapes, from drylands to the humid tropics, enhance the environment and well-being for all. CIFOR and ICRAF are non-profit science institutions that build and apply evidence to today’s most pressing challenges, including energy insecurity and the climate and biodiversity crises. Over a combined total of 65 years, we have built vast knowledge on forests and trees outside of forests in agricultural landscapes (agroforestry). Using a multidisciplinary approach, we seek to improve lives and to protect and restore ecosystems. Our work focuses on innovative research, partnering for impact, and engaging with stakeholders on policies and practices to benefit people and the planet. Founded in 1993 and 1978, CIFOR and ICRAF are members of CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food secure future dedicated to reducing poverty, enhancing food and nutrition security, and improving natural resources.
The Global Landscapes Forum (GLF) is the world’s largest knowledge-led platform on integrated land use, dedicated to achieving the Sustainable Development Goals and Paris Climate Agreement. The Forum takes a holistic approach to create sustainable landscapes that are productive, prosperous, equitable and resilient and considers five cohesive themes of food and livelihoods, landscape restoration, rights, finance, and measuring progress. It is led by the Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR), in collaboration with its co-founders UNEP and the World Bank and Charter Members.
Duties and responsibilities
The Multimedia Consultant helps identifying strategic
multimedia content opportunities and trends. Depending on the needs, the
consultant designs inspiring and engaging multimedia content for key GLF or
CIFOR-ICRAF audiences on multiple channels and formats, such as social media
and community channels, websites and presentations, events, campaigns, and
multimedia news platform.
Scope of the Assignment
- Developing and updating branding portfolios of
GLF campaigns and innovations
- Producing and/or identifying visual material to
be used in campaigns, following the overall branding: photos, footage, graphic
- Designing visual and audiovisual content for GLF
campaign purposes and ThinkLandscape multimedia stories
Education, knowledge and experience
• Bachelor's degree, either student or accomplished, in communications, graphic design, advertising, media or related discipline.
• A minimum of one year of experience in content production and branding
• Experience in social media tools, community tools, digital best practices, various target audiences and different digital platforms
• Strong knowledge in visual content design, scriptwriting and creating audiovisual content.
• Familiarity with the fields of sustainability, environment, restoration and/or climate
• Fluent in English (fluency in Spanish, French or Portuguese considered an advantage)
• Knowledge of trends and inspired by new opportunities, tools, and formats.
Terms and conditions
• This is a consultancy position.
• The period of the consultancy is 1 (one) year.
• Work location: Remote.
To apply, please visit our career site at: https://www.cifor-icraf.org/about/work-with-us/
To learn more about CIFOR-ICRAF, please visit our websites at: https://www.cifor-icraf.org
CIFOR-ICRAF promotes Gender Diversity – Applications from women professionals are encouraged.
CIFOR-ICRAF is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity.
The application deadline is 29 Feb 2024
We will acknowledge all applications, but will contact only short-listed candidates.