This Asia Pacific Regional Forest Governance Forum (FGF) is being held as part of the Strengthening non-state actor involvement in forest governance project in Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, and Papua New Guinea. The main aim is to stimulate exchanges, discussions, and ideas on and around Forest Governance topics:
- EU Forest Law Enforcement, Governance and Trade-Voluntary Partnership Agreements (FLEGT-VPAs), REDD+ and the other initiatives seeking to improve forest conservation, management and restoration, reduction of deforestation, combat forest degradation and illegal logging
- Forest monitoring improving transparency, accountability, and biodiversity
- Forest governance impacting livelihoods
- First hand experiences in forest governance from civil society organisations
- Regional and international approaches for forest governance, conservation of biodiversity and fighting climate change
The event is implemented by BirdLife International, jointly with the Centre for International Development and Training (CIDT) is funded by the European Union.